Precyse Receives HFMA Peer Reviewed Designation
Chicago Jun 4, 2013 — The Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA) recently reviewed Precyse’s HIM Technology & Service Suite using the Peer Review process. After undergoing the rigorous review, the HIM Technology & Service Suite has been awarded the “Peer Reviewed by HFMA®” designation.
The Precyse HIM Technology & Services Suite includes:
• Transcription—a combination of transcription technology, processes and services accelerates turnaround time, reduces costs, minimizes capital outlay and transforms dictation into meaningful clinical information.
• Clinical Documentation Improvement Services and precyseCDI™—evaluates the physicians’ current clinical documentation practices, identifies inefficiencies, and offers strategies for improved clinical documentation.
• Coding—field-tested coding services, either on site or off, delivering code quality and accuracy.
• Coding Audit & Compliance—coding audit and compliance services help identify risk areas and offers specific audit improvements and education for operational improvements and compliance requirements.
• precyseCode™ Computer Assisted Coding—an integrated platform that supports multiple HIM roles across an organization driven by natural language processing (NLP) for embedded intelligence supporting inpatient and outpatient Coding and CDI needs.
• Precyse University—on-site, online, and mobile healthcare education solution that is designed to prepare all impacted healthcare populations for the transition to ICD-10.
• HIM Strategic Sourcing—a solution combining technology and services that can help hospital or physician practice HIM functions optimize their effectiveness and advance their capabilities and functions to successfully operate under a more challenging reimbursement environment.
• HIM Interim Management & Consulting—a professional HIM department director or manager takes responsibility for every challenge, large and small, including monitoring, measuring and reporting on key metrics critical to success.
• Oncology Data Management & Cancer Registry—including backlog abstracting and operational assessments, interim management, consulting, software selection and ACoS pre-survey assessment. “Precyse is uniquely positioned to help healthcare facilities and providers improve efficiency and deliver tangible outcomes through our advanced, proprietary software and services, and we are very proud to be recognized with the HFMA Peer Review designation,” said Precyse President Chris Powell. “This recognition is a testimony to Precyse’s ongoing commitment to excellence and the exceptional and consistent quality of service provided to our clients.”
HFMA’s Peer Review process provides healthcare financial managers with an objective third party evaluation of products and services used in the healthcare workplace. The rigorous, eleven-step process includes a Peer Review panel review comprised of current customers, prospects who have not made a purchase, and industry experts. Peer Review status of the product or service and its performance claims are based on effectiveness, quality and usability, price, value, and customer and technical support.
“HFMA’s Peer Review process provides our membership with the assurance that those who have earned the designation have met a rigorous screening process,” says HFMA President and CEO Joseph J. Fifer, FHFMA, CPA. “The Peer Reviewed designation helps members and others identify and evaluate products and services that their organization may need. It can also create brand awareness and recognition in the healthcare finance marketplace for Peer Reviewed products and services.”